Atlantic ICW, Beaufort Docks Marina, Beaufort NC, Belhaven, Boat, Bridge Tender Marina, Bridge Tender Restaurant, Causeway Cafe, Chesapeake Bay, Coastal destinations, Cruising, CruisingTheICW, Dog, Georgetown SC, Harborwalk Marina, Mainship 34T, Marinas, Myrtle Beach Yacht Club, NC, Slow Dance, Southport Marina, The Big Tuna, Waterfront dining, Wilmington NC, Wrightsville Beach, Wrightsville Beach Marina
The decision’s been made. This summer “Slow Dance” will be cruising the Chesapeake Bay! Plans are for:
- First night: Harborwalk Marina, Georgetown, SC
- Second night: Myrtle Beach Yacht Club, North Myrtle Beach, SC
- Third and Fourth nights: Joyner Marina, Carolina Beach, NC
- Fifth night: Top Sail Island Marina, Surf City, NC
- Sixth thru eighth night: Beaufort, NC
- Ninth night: Belhaven, NC
- Tenth night and beyond: Open to suggestions, but know that barring the unforeseen, we’ll be heading to Elizabeth City, NC and then up the historic Dismal Swamp Canal to Chesapeake, VA before continuing a far north on the Bay as Annapolis and/or Saint Michaels.
UPDATE: “Slow Dance” now has “her” AWESOME new Garmin electronics package, the Cummins valves are adjusted, and as “precautionary” maintenance the Cummins and Kohler have new impellers. Last, but not least, the hull gets a thorough inspection, cleaning, and zincs replaced as needed. Now just counting down the days!
This summer’s cruise will be “Slow Dance” longest cruise since traveling from Fort Lauderdale to Ross Marine, where we dropped her off to correct issues discovered during her pre-purchase survey. On this cruise, she will be proudly flying her American flag, her and America’s Great Loop Cruisers’ Association burgee.
Follow along as this summer’s adventure unfolds!
Oh Captain, My Captain